In recent years, Artificial Intelligence (AI) has become an important tool in our daily work. AI technologies are used in almost every business to automate routine tasks, improve decision making, and enhance customer experience. Similarly, nowadays there is a demand for AI driven language models like Chat GPT and everyone is used to writing emails, developing codes and doing assignments for other tasks. To counter GTP, Google has recently launched its AI powered model which is Google Bard. Both are developed to simulate human interactions with the help of NLP (Natural Language Processing) and ML (Machine Learning). The roles of both the tools are similar but still there are some differences between the two which we will know in this article i.e. the distinction between Chat GTP and Google Bard. But before moving ahead, let us know something about these two.
What is Chat GPT?
Chat GPT stands for Generative Pretrained Transformer which is an AI (Artificial Intelligence) driven language model developed by Open AI and its prototype was launched in November 2022. OpenAI's Chat GPT is based on the GPT-3.5 and GPT-4 families of LLM (large language model). In March 2023, the stable release of GPT was launched. The basic function of Chat GPT is to mimic a human conversationalist. Therefore, it has the ability to perform multiple tasks such as writing emails/letters, answering questions, writing essays/poems/song lyrics, debugging a program, summarizing text, and many more.
Chat GPT also has the ability to remember what the user said earlier in the conversation. However, being an AI language model, it also has some disadvantages, such as it can sometimes generate incorrect information, harmful instructions, etc. It is being widely used in many applications, developing chatbots, generating insightful sales and marketing messages, improving natural language processing capabilities, producing high quality research papers, automating data analysis, etc.
What is Google Bard?
Google Bard stands for Binary Augmented Retro-framing and is also an AI (Artificial Intelligence) driven language model. Bard is designed by Google and launched on March 21, 2023. Google Bard is based on Google's LaMDA (Language Model for Dialog Applications) technology. It is primarily designed to simulate human conversations with the help of machine learning and natural language processing technologies.
Google Bard AI has the capability to answer multiple questions in an interactive manner. It generates high-quality and fresh responses using online information. It collects information from the web and user responses, and it also collects feedback to enhance the performance of its AI systems. It is being used for information finding and answering questions, task automation, personal AI assistant for scheduling and time management, etc.
After knowing about Chat GPT and Google Bard, let us now understand their major differences.
- Technology: Chat GPT is based on GPT (Generative Pre-Train Transformer) technology whereas Google BardAI is based on Google's LaMDA (Language Model for Dialog Applications).
- Built-in Plagiarism Detector: Chat GPT has a built-in plagiarism detector to create unique content, but Google Bard AI does not have a built-in plagiarism detector.
- Feedback: Chat GPT is able to answer questions based on available data by 2021 while Google BardAI can answer questions in real time.
- Nature of response: Chat GPT can only return text responses and Google Bard AI is capable of returning regular search results.
- Strengths: Chat GPT is more systematic in generating and compiling text responses while Google Bard AI is more systematic in giving correct and specific answers.
- Suitability: Chat GPT is suitable for generating text responses on a range of topics and Google Bard is suitable for answering questions in specific areas of expertise.
- Price: OpenAI introduced a paid plan ChatGPT Plus, while Google Bard is absolutely free for now.
- Source of information: Chat generates responses using GPT feed data but Google Bard generates responses using the internet.
- Applications: Chat GPT is used for chatbots, answering questions, data analysis, creating and summarizing text content, etc but Google Bard is used for chatbots, explaining topics, answering questions, automating tasks etc.
In this article, we learned about the difference between Chat GTP and Google Bard. Both are used to generate responses using machine learning and natural language processing. If you want to choose which one is better then both have their own features so it is up to you which one suits you. I hope this article helped you some about Chat GTP and Google Bard and if you want to read more blogs then visit our page AP2V and also check out our courses.