FULLSTACK VS DEVOPS: Which is superior?
Do you know that when you use an application there are some processes to run the app or develop a complete app and who are these people who develop the application? So, the answer is Full Stack Developer is the person behind the development of the complete application.
And full-stack developer knows the knowledge of both front end (client software) and back end (server software) of web development i.e., programming is done on the front and back end of the website.
In contrast, DevOps Engineer is the person who keeps the operations running smoothly by managing the code, testing, and deployment process throughout the development life cycle and the duties of a DevOps Engineer are the most important part of managing the development infrastructure.
So, here we will discuss Full Stack Developer Vs DevOps Engineer; What is the difference between them, the skills required, and many more.
WHAT IS A FULL-STACK DEVELOPER?
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR FULL STACK DEVELOPER
There are certain skills that are required to become one.
1. Front-end Languages:
a) HTML and CSS: HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language, and it is the language of front-end technology. HTML is used by developers to format and execute visuals of text on a website. And it also manages the design of the website and formats the text in the form of headings, paragraphs, pop-ups, etc.
CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets is a style language which means it allows to style and transformation of web elements i.e., colors, headings, etc. with CSS tools full stack developers have the knowledge to use the tools which enhance the connection of websites to the user.
c) Regulation of database system: Full stack developer also works with the database to write code and transfer data to and from the database. And there are some popular databases like; MySQL, SQL, MongoDB, etc.
d) Source Control: Source control, also known as a version control system, helps in tracking the changes in the software code. And GIT or GitHub is one of the popular source control.
GIT OR GITHUB:
Git is a free tool designed to efficiently manage or control small to large projects. It has more performance, security, and flexibility and is used to manage your project which may change. And it is also used to store, track and share code files of software projects.
2. Back-end Languages:
- PHP: PHP is also called Server-Side Scripting Language as it is specially designed for web development.
- Python: Python is an important language for back-end development which helps to work quickly and integrate the project more efficiently.
- Java:Java is the most famous programming language and it is a fast, secure, and reliable language for coding.
- C++: C++ is used for competitive programming and it is also used to create high-performance applications and it is easier than other languages.
SO, WHAT IS DEVOPS NOW?
DevOps is not a service nor a technology, it is a methodology that means to bring people together (i.e. development team and operational team together), to use some processes which are useful for our end user. Create value and enable continuous delivery. It also performs the duties of project designing, performance analysis, and creating pipelines i.e. Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD).
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR DEVOPS ENGINEER
Some of the essential skills to become a DevOps Engineer are:
- Knowledge of Linux: DevOps Engineer has knowledge of Linux which means file handling, and system execution, and also knows how to use Linux server and is beneficial in scripting languages.
- Cloud Skills: DevOps Engineer should have knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform and have excellent cloud computing skills to be able to execute, test and deploy code.
- Automation skills: Automation is an important part of DevOps, so DevOps engineers must have knowledge of automation skills to configure, performance monitoring, and CI/CD pipelines. And, also have knowledge of tools of automation tools like Ansible which is an open-source tool, Source Code Management (SCM), etc.
- Understanding of relevant tools and technology: DevOps engineers should be comfortable with tools like source control, configuration management tools, automation tools, and containers and also have knowledge of quality, monitoring, and testing tools that are used throughout the software development lifecycle helps with efficiency.
- Monitoring Tool: To identify the bug, an error monitoring tool is essential in the lifecycle and the engineer should have an understanding of modifying the errors in new or existing projects.
- CI/CD Practices:Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) is an automated process in the software development lifecycle that helps to deliver a new version of the software if some problem occurs while integrating the new code. So, DevOps Engineer has the skills of CI / CD for the deployment of the application.
COMPARISON: FULLSTACK VS DEVOPS
|FULLSTACK DEVELOPER||DEVOPS ENGINEER|
|As per project guidelines, full stack developer switches from backend to front end work or vice versa.||DevOps engineers build projects with the highest quality and efficiency|
|ADVANTAGES||Provides benefits of full stack developer specialized skills and competencies||DevOps Engineer provides benefits to the organization such as flexibility and efficiency in the software lifecycle.|
|TOOLS||Full Stack Developer uses the following tools like Backbone, Slack, CodePen, Web Storm and many more||DevOps engineers use these tools like Jenkins, ansible, docker, Puppet, etc. |
|CAREER||Full stack is a great option if anyone is interested in gaining maximum knowledge about software development and working on multiple projects.|
If anyone wants to specialize in a specific field then DevOps engineering is the right choice.
In the above discussion of Full Stack VS DevOps, we saw the skills required to become a Full Stack or DevOps developer and the comparison also helps to understand which is better for you as both have their own features so in the end it is up to you to decide.