At present, the popularity of cloud computing is increasing and if we talk about cloud services, then the name of AWS comes first in our mind. AWS stands for Amazon Web Service is a cloud computing platform which is the first cloud computing platform launched in 2006. AWS provides cloud compute, storage, network, database and many other services. AWS Engineers are highly professional and are in high demand in the market due to their expertise and experience. Along with these skills, the job roles of AWS engineers have also become more diverse. In this article, we will talk about the roles and responsibilities of AWS engineers as well as the average salary in the IT market and the future scope of an AWS engineer.
What is AWS Engineer?
An AWS engineer is a professional who specializes in designing, implementing, and managing infrastructure and applications on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform. They have in-depth knowledge and expertise in AWS services, architecture, security, and best practices.
After knowing the definition of AWS Engineer now we need to know what they do i.e. their role and responsibilities.
Roles & Responsibilities of an AWS Engineer
Here are some common responsibilities associated with an AWS Engineer role:
- Designing and Deploying Infrastructure: AWS engineers are responsible for designing and deploying scalable and highly available infrastructure on AWS. This means that they create virtual private clouds (VPCs), subnets, security groups, and other networking components.
- Management of AWS Services: They have expertise in working with various AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda and others to ensure optimum performance and availability. They configure, monitor and troubleshoot these services as per the application requirements.
- Automation and Infrastructure as Code: They have the ability to create reproducible infrastructure deployments with the use of infrastructure-as-code tools. Tools include AWS Cloud Formation or Terraform that automate the provisioning and management of AWS resources.
- Security and compliance: AWS engineers implement security best practices such as setting up security groups, implementing access controls, and managing encryption for data at rest and in transit that ensures compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Performance monitoring and optimization: They monitor the performance of AWS resources and identify issues and optimize resources accordingly. This means they optimize resource usage, identify and resolve bottlenecks, and implement scaling strategies.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery: They create and implement backup and disaster recovery strategies for business continuity i.e. they set up automated backups, configure replication and test disaster recovery procedures.
The scope of an AWS Engineer's job
As an AWS Engineer, your job will be to oversee the Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure of the company. This includes ensuring that the company's AWS resources are optimally configured and that all customer data is stored securely. You will also be responsible for monitoring the company's AWS environment for any potential problems and responding to any outages or incidents.
In addition, you will collaborate with the company's development team to deploy their applications on AWS. This is one of its kind technology which has a bright future, so understanding its nuances will be beneficial for your career in many ways. In fact, it can even help you get a job in a well-established company or MNC.
AWS engineer’s salary ranges between Rs. 2.5 lakhs to Rs. 12 lakhs but the average starting salary in India is Rs. 6 lakhs per annum and the region you live in also affects your salary. Additionally, you will earn more money as an AWS developer or architect as you get used to your tasks and responsibilities and pursue higher qualifications.
Now we know that AWS Engineers have diverse job roles and responsibilities within the AWS ecosystem such as they can work as Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers, Security Engineers etc. With so much demand in the market they have more opportunities with the best salary package. So, if you want to learn AWS Courses and want to grow in that field and make your career bright then join AP2V.