An IT professional who earns the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning has demonstrated the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to monitor performance metrics on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems and configure performance enhancements suitable for various production workloads.
RequirementsAn IT professional who earns the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning is capable of:
- Tuning for use-case scenarios (for example, high performance computing (HPC), large memory, database, and file server)
- Tuning for power consumption
- Tuning virtual machines (host and guest)
- Tuning memory and caches
- Tuning central processing unit (CPU) and memory utilization using cgroups
- Gathering performance metrics and other data for tuning purposes
AudienceThe following audiences may be interested in earning the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning:
- An IT professional responsible for systems with heavy or specialized workloads
- An IT professional interested in pursuing or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Recommended TrainingIn preparation to earn the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning, Red Hat recommends the following:
Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning (RH442)
Required ExamsEX442 – Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning exam
An IT professional who passes this exam earns a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise that also counts towards earning Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).